• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar

MMA Payout

The Business of Combat Sports

  • Home
  • MMA
    • UFC
    • Bellator
    • One
    • PFL
  • Boxing
  • Legal
  • Ratings
  • Payouts
  • Attendance
  • Gate

Mitrione out of Bellator 172, so is Fedor

February 18, 2017 by Jason Cruz 10 Comments

Matt Mitrione is out of Bellator 172 with a sickness just hours before the start of the main card.  Bellator has indicated it will look to reschedule the fight at a later date.

The new main event is Josh Thomson and Patricky Freire.

There was much anticipation for this fight as the legend of Fedor is something that old school fans and new casual fans were interested in.  The cancellation derails momentum for this event and potential big ratings for tonight.

Although Bellator scrambled to find a replacement, one can imagine how hard it would be to find a replacement just hours before the fight.

Bellator had been banking on this event and the pre-fight shoulder fighting was unique and entertaining.  See below.  Comedian Adam Carolla narrated this video vignette with many guest appearances.

Filed Under: Bellator, Featured

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. TOPS E says

    February 18, 2017 at 10:14 pm

    http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Opinion-The-UFCs-More-Money-More-Problems-Moment-117533. Good article….desperate as ive said hahahahaha

    Reply
  2. TOPS E says

    February 18, 2017 at 11:11 pm

    https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2017-01-25/kkr-said-to-snag-goldman-s-role-in-ufc-loan-after-fed-scolding……..hahahahahaha

    Reply
  3. Fight Fan says

    February 19, 2017 at 7:54 am

    Tops good research

    Reply
  4. turd says

    February 19, 2017 at 8:53 am

    tops as a long time boxing and mma fan, i really dont think wme knew what they were getting into, from what i read, there interest payments alone on there debt 170 million a year, maybe higher, this will not be a big year for them ppv wise either.

    the ferttitas were not stupid they got out at the right time. also the amount of debt the ufc has now is staggering for a sports franchise.

    Reply
  5. Random Dude says

    February 19, 2017 at 9:35 am

    The Fertitta brothers are great at hooking suckers into a bad deal for them. This UFC sale will be no different. Don’t be surprised if the Fertittas buy back the UFC in a number of years just like they did with the casinos that they loaded up with debt, sold to stupid investors, and then bought back after they went bankrupt.

    Reply
  6. turd says

    February 19, 2017 at 11:31 am

    random i would not be surprised at all, at the 4 billion asking price, it will take decades for wme to break even in fact, they are counting on getting a huge new tv contract , which may not happen .

    Reply
  7. Wil says

    February 19, 2017 at 5:31 pm

    It makes you wonder what sort of financial advisers they have to make such a terrible investment. The writing is on the wall and the UFC that we knew just isnt there anymore. MMA will survive, but I dont see the UFC ever being what it used to be.

    Reply
  8. d says

    February 20, 2017 at 10:16 am

    I think what is most alarming about Topps is the lengths he goes through to trol(l) on here. Think about how long he probably scoured the internet for that Bloomberg article from a month ago. That probably took him a while to locate. Hahaha.

    Reply
  9. Fight Fan says

    February 20, 2017 at 4:46 pm

    Facts are facts d

    Reply
  10. d says

    February 20, 2017 at 6:53 pm

    What facts would those be?

    Also, when have you ever been interested in facts? You are usually terrified of them.

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Primary Sidebar

Featured

UFC 330 Payout Perspective

Update on CSI Entertainment – Mayweather lawsuit, Injunction request withdrawn

The Legal Submission 109 takes a look at TKO Earnings

Plaintiffs in Johnson antitrust lawsuit file statement prior to status conference

Despite two big losses, TKO touts another solid quarter

Muhammad Ali American Boxing Revival Act of 2026 introduced into Senate with minor changes

Archives

MMA Payout Follow

MMAPayout

I was there and as a Husky fan it still is the best play at Husky Stadium EVER

Juan Serrano @Serrano_Sports

Ortege Jenkins days until Arizona Football

Turning Point USA logo on the mats at the #UFC #BJJ event tonight...first time I've seen this

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Get fucked man you wrote thoughtless bullshit for over a decade

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

BREAKING: The Seattle Mariners plan to call up left-hander Kade Anderson, the top pitching prospect in baseball, to start Saturday, sources tell ESPN. Anderson, the third pick in the 2025 draft, has a 1.06 ERA over 93.1 innings with 135 strikeouts, 13 walks and 47 hits allowed.

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Right wing grift is so hilariously easy. Just write a very weird and creepy fantasy story you know your paper won’t publish, then make a public show of resigning because of it, and you’ll instantly have a job offer from Clay Travis in your inbox

Load More

Copyright © 2026 · MMA Payout: The Business of Combat Sports