• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar

MMA Payout

The Business of Combat Sports

  • Home
  • MMA
    • UFC
    • Bellator
    • One
    • PFL
  • Boxing
  • Legal
  • Ratings
  • Payouts
  • Attendance
  • Gate

Nevada court consolidates Zuffa antitrust cases

June 12, 2015 by Jason Cruz 2 Comments

On June 11th, Judge Richard Boulware of the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada signed an order which would consolidate all of the cases in the Zuffa Antitrust Lawsuit.

Earlier this month, the U.S. District Court in Northern California determined that the venue of the lawsuit filed by Cung Le and several other former-UFC fighters should be transferred to Zuffa’s home district of Las Vegas, Nevada.  As a result, the five lawsuits filed by the former fighters were sent to federal court in Las Vegas.  However, the cases had not been consolidated by one judge which resulted in the initial set up of having multiple judges handling several cases.

Judge Boulware, who was assigned the Le case, indicated in his June 11th order that the presiding District Judges determined that the actions are related and “there is good cause to consolidate them under the same District Court Judge and Magistrate Judge.”  The order stated that neither party opposed the consolidation.

According to a Las Vegas Review-Journal article, Senator Harry Reid proposed Judge Boulware to the bench to the White House.  Of course, Senator Reid is (or was) a big supporter of the UFC.  This should not play into how Judge Boulware conducts the trial but there it is for everyone to speculate.

Payout Perspective:

I don’t believe anyone was surprised by this ruling and it makes sense.  Judge Richard Boulware will preside over the legal battle between the former UFC fighters and Zuffa.  He was appointed to the federal bench by President Obama in 2014.  He is a graduate of Harvard and Columbia Law School.  Prior to joining the bench Judge Boulware was a trial attorney for the Federal Public Defender’s Office in Las Vegas and in New York.  He also served as law clerk with Judge Denise Cote of the US District Court for the Southern District of New York after graduating from law school.

Filed Under: Antitrust Class Action, legal, UFC, Zuffa

Reader Interactions

Trackbacks

  1. UFC Class Action Lawsuit Gets Consolidated | UFC - MMA FIghts - MMA News and Gear says:
    June 13, 2015 at 7:30 am

    […] Excerpt from MMAPayout: […]

    Reply
  2. UFC Class Action Lawsuit Gets Consolidated – cube to the cage says:
    June 13, 2015 at 7:42 am

    […] Excerpt from MMAPayout: […]

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Primary Sidebar

Featured

Conor McGregor returns July 11th

Keane’s attorneys fire back at Top Rank based on undiscovered evidence

White writes letter to Trump requesting change to law

UFC Freedom 250 kits revealed

Dominance responds to Plaintiffs’ Fee Request

Senate makes mockery of Ali Act hearing

Archives

MMA Payout Follow

MMAPayout

Da fuq? Didn’t they already know this?

WrestlePurists @WrestlePurists

During today's WWE Town Hall, Nick Khan and Paul Levesque discussed the return of WWE live events this summer, explaining to the employees that they've discovered house shows are important for young talents to get reps in the ring and to experiment and try things in front of

Rousey-Carano payouts https://mmapayout.com/2026/05/19/rousey-carano-payouts/

Another blown save by Munoz #goms

Rousey-Carano produce huge viewership numbers https://mmapayout.com/2026/05/19/rousey-carano-produce-huge-viewership-numbers/

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Load More

Copyright © 2026 · MMA Payout: The Business of Combat Sports