• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar

MMA Payout

The Business of Combat Sports

  • Home
  • MMA
    • UFC
    • Bellator
    • One
    • PFL
  • Boxing
  • Legal
  • Ratings
  • Payouts
  • Attendance
  • Gate

Fighters Only Announces 2010 World MMA Awards

August 12, 2010 by Kelsey Philpott 1 Comment

Fighters Only has officially announced the third annual World MMA Awards is set for December 1, 2010 at The Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Las Vegas, NV (USA) – Fighters Only, the world’s biggest Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) magazine, announces the launch of its 3rd annual awards today. Devised to celebrate success and achievement within the MMA industry, the World Mixed Martial Arts Awards gives fans across the globe the chance to cast their vote on which athletes, brands, and industry professionals have made the greatest impact on the sport in the last 12 months. Voting will take place across 20 different award categories including Fighter of the Year, Knockout of the Year, and Best Lifestyle Apparel.

 

“The anticipation for the 2010 awards has been a little overwhelming,” says Rob Hewitt, President and CEO of Fighters Only. “I couldn’t be more thrilled by the potential of this year’s event. Last year’s ceremony opened many people’s eyes: ‘seeing is believing’ so more and more people want to get behind the awards. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who’s supported us in making the World MMA Awards a landmark occasion in the industry’s calendar, and appeal to the fans to let their voices be heard. ”

 

2009’s incredibly successful event saw a who’s who of MMA walk up the red carpet. The Fighters Only World MMA Awards is set to return even bigger and better with a live ceremony held on Wednesday December 1st 2010 in the exclusive Pearl Concert Theatre inside the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas. This black-tie event will be sponsored by Bodybuilding.com, the global leader in online sports nutrition.

Payout Perspective:

Fighters Only has really been the only group to gain any sort of traction and recognition for its annual award ceremony among both the fans and industry people. This has largely been facilitated through the buy-in at Zuffa; a veritable who’s who in the MMA community attended last year’s event, including Dana White, Georges St-Pierre and more.

Perhaps the only criticism laid against Fighters Only is that they’ve pandered too much to Zuffa fights; last year’s awards were dubbed the “Zuffa Awards” by hardcore cynics. However, it’s difficult to fault Fighters Only when the nominees and awards are fan-voted, and upwards of 80% of the MMA we watch on television comes from the UFC or WEC.

Filed Under: press release, publishing, Zuffa

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. theEZone says

    August 12, 2010 at 8:49 am

    Even if last year’s awards did cater mostly to Zuffa, it is still amazing that a non-Zuffa sponsored event was that successful. It was held in Vega, Zuffa turf, and also in America, so it is natural that it would lean more heavily on American MMA content. Also, when an organization has almost every top ten fighter in each weight class inder contract, they should be catered to. The football Hall of Fame certainly caters to the NFL after all, despite all of the indoor and Canadian leagues.

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Primary Sidebar

Featured

Conor McGregor returns July 11th

Keane’s attorneys fire back at Top Rank based on undiscovered evidence

White writes letter to Trump requesting change to law

UFC Freedom 250 kits revealed

Dominance responds to Plaintiffs’ Fee Request

Senate makes mockery of Ali Act hearing

Archives

MMA Payout Follow

MMAPayout

Everyone revolving around the Ronda ecosystem. Same as it ever was.

MMA Fighting @MMAFighting

Arnold Allen isn't a fan of Ronda Rousey’s "stupid" digs at Valentina Shevchenko and the UFC

📰 https://mma-fighting.visitlink.me/o9H_af

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Judge Orders Everyone to Know This Piece of Shit from Covington, Not Seattle: https://tinyurl.com/ysfbw6vh

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Nate Diaz saying he doesn't want a fake beef is number one bullshit.
Guy is a long-term vegan he eats impossible Burger's and beyond meat products all the time the actual definition of fake beef.

As US Taxpayers, we will all have to pay for Hokit’s CTE

Martin P @MartinP_MMA

He’ll be dead before this is over

Aaron Rupar @atrupar

Trump: "Think of it -- we were in Vietnam for 19 years! I'm doing this for two, two and a half months."

Load More

Copyright © 2026 · MMA Payout: The Business of Combat Sports