• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar

MMA Payout

The Business of Combat Sports

  • Home
  • MMA
    • UFC
    • Bellator
    • One
    • PFL
  • Boxing
  • Legal
  • Ratings
  • Payouts
  • Attendance
  • Gate

Conor McGregor is a “Clueless Gamer”

March 12, 2016 by Jason Cruz 19 Comments

Conor McGregor appeared on Conan to promote the upcoming release of EA UFC 2 in the semi-regular segment of the show, “Clueless Gamer.”

McGregor and Conan Obrien talked and gave a little preview of the video game playing each other as each other (EA created a version of Conan for the game).

For those not familiar with the “Clueless Gamer” segment I refer you back to last year with the best example of how the show promotes a video game with the latest version of Street Fighter was Marshawn Lynch and Rob Gronkowski.

Payout Perspective:

Despite the loss, it’s clear that McGregor is a great asset for the company as he is comfortable in front of the camera.  His segment with Conan was a good way to promote the game.  Late night shows attempt to be savvier when they are helping to promote an upcoming product launch.  The “Clueless Gamer” segments are always entertaining and get you to see a glimpse of the upcoming game.

Filed Under: Public Relations, UFC

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Fight Fan says

    March 12, 2016 at 5:08 pm

    Should have Diaz on that cover seeing he tapped him the heck out and knocked him off that fake hype train created by Dana “mr clean” white. Wouldn’t mind seeing Tate on there either.

    Reply
  2. The Greatest says

    March 12, 2016 at 7:55 pm

    Yea two losers on the cover.

    Reply
  3. d says

    March 12, 2016 at 8:38 pm

    Two losers who are bigger draws than anyone in combat sports.

    Also, a 13 second ko of Aldo, defeating Mendes and Poirier is not hype, that is results.

    Reply
  4. Fight Fan says

    March 12, 2016 at 9:11 pm

    Not really, canelos fight against mayweather did more buys so he is the biggest draw now

    Reply
  5. Wil says

    March 12, 2016 at 9:19 pm

    Regardless of you guys desire to trash each others favorite sport…lol….good for McGregor, the UFC, and the game they are coming out with. Nothing negative about this one…good stuff. I just wish the UFC would promote its other fighters to the non mma crowd.

    Reply
  6. d says

    March 12, 2016 at 10:26 pm

    Fight Fan, not at all. Canelo was the b on that ppv. When he became an A, his ppvs were all in the 300ks other than the fight with Cotto…another ppv fighter. McGregor did 1.2m with Aldo, and 1.3 with Diaz. The comparison isn’t even close. Rousey also did 1m with Holm who at the time wasn’t a draw. Those two are clearly bigger stars.

    Also, if Canelo fights the best like McGregor does, he will be destroyed. GGG will ko him for sure if they fight. I think Canelo will probably wait until Golovkin is 40 though. Haha.

    Reply
  7. tops E says

    March 13, 2016 at 3:08 am

    Mendes was hype 2 weeks notice!!!! High level big promotion….should not have been allowed

    Reply
  8. tops E says

    March 13, 2016 at 3:29 am

    2 hyped losers…dw favorites hahahahaha

    Reply
  9. d says

    March 13, 2016 at 5:39 am

    ……Topps self destruction continues.

    Reply
  10. E Tops says

    March 13, 2016 at 6:19 am

    I guess Marvin Hagler was a loser. Or what about that De La hoya guy, he was a loser too. Remember that Manny guy sleep on the mat, super loser.

    Reply
  11. Dunlap says

    March 13, 2016 at 8:38 am

    Man these games are so terrible now. Used to love fight night so much and the UFC games before EA took them over. Now there just trash. THQ or whoever made them before needs to take back over because the first UFC games were pure entertainment. EA ruins every game now.

    Reply
  12. Fight Fan says

    March 13, 2016 at 11:58 am

    Dunlap I can’t speak for the ufc games but EA has always done fight night, they were previously called knockout kings. The games were always good with good mechanics and gameplay. Hopefully they can do good though because the controls on the last ufc game were very rough and made the game a chore to play.

    Reply
  13. tops E says

    March 13, 2016 at 12:17 pm

    Hagler,pacman,delahoya opponents cannot be compared to the two hahahaha….when they became champs (big fights) they did not fight opponents on 2 week notice and 12 days notice(taken down easily and lost to the other hahaha), they had a competitive division unlike womens mma… beth correia? Hahahaha

    Reply
  14. tops E says

    March 13, 2016 at 2:21 pm

    Opponents of the two

    Reply
  15. d says

    March 13, 2016 at 6:13 pm

    Hahaha.

    Aldo…..FULL CAMP…..13 second ko.

    Topps can’t handle the UFC success…hahahahahahaha.

    Reply
  16. Fight Fan says

    March 13, 2016 at 9:02 pm

    D just living in the past lol, Conor got tapped the heck out by someone with 10 losses and no full camp. Talk about a paper champ

    Reply
  17. tops E says

    March 14, 2016 at 12:35 am

    D made a mistake he tried to include mendes as a legit fight….2 week notice…brought in to lose…diaz said he didnt even spar hahahaha…

    Reply
  18. d says

    March 14, 2016 at 4:50 am

    Living in the past? It was a few months ago.

    He was tapped out by a bigger fighter who he fought a terrible strategy against and was clearly beating the snot out of early on.

    You guys are delusional.

    Reply
  19. d says

    March 14, 2016 at 4:50 am

    Topps’ is heading for meltdown status. Hahahaha.

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Primary Sidebar

Featured

UFC 330 Payout Perspective

Update on CSI Entertainment – Mayweather lawsuit, Injunction request withdrawn

The Legal Submission 109 takes a look at TKO Earnings

Plaintiffs in Johnson antitrust lawsuit file statement prior to status conference

Despite two big losses, TKO touts another solid quarter

Muhammad Ali American Boxing Revival Act of 2026 introduced into Senate with minor changes

Archives

MMA Payout Follow

MMAPayout

I was there and as a Husky fan it still is the best play at Husky Stadium EVER

Juan Serrano @Serrano_Sports

Ortege Jenkins days until Arizona Football

Turning Point USA logo on the mats at the #UFC #BJJ event tonight...first time I've seen this

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Get fucked man you wrote thoughtless bullshit for over a decade

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

BREAKING: The Seattle Mariners plan to call up left-hander Kade Anderson, the top pitching prospect in baseball, to start Saturday, sources tell ESPN. Anderson, the third pick in the 2025 draft, has a 1.06 ERA over 93.1 innings with 135 strikeouts, 13 walks and 47 hits allowed.

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Right wing grift is so hilariously easy. Just write a very weird and creepy fantasy story you know your paper won’t publish, then make a public show of resigning because of it, and you’ll instantly have a job offer from Clay Travis in your inbox

Load More

Copyright © 2026 · MMA Payout: The Business of Combat Sports