• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar

MMA Payout

The Business of Combat Sports

  • Home
  • MMA
    • UFC
    • Bellator
    • One
    • PFL
  • Boxing
  • Legal
  • Ratings
  • Payouts
  • Attendance
  • Gate

Wanderlei Silva joins Bellator 131 kickoff party

November 10, 2014 by Jason Cruz 5 Comments

Wanderlei Silva will be a part of the Bellator 131 “Pre-Party Kickoff” as he will appear at Dave & Buster’s this Friday, November 14th according to a Bellator press release.

Via Bellator press release:

The festivities surrounding Saturday’s #Bellator131 continue to grow as Bellator will host a pre-party kickoff event from San Diego’s Dave & Buster’s on Friday, November 14. After weigh-ins, fans are invited to take pictures and have autographs signed with MMA legends Royce Gracie, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock, and now MMA icon Wanderlei Silva beginning at6pm PST. Silva will join the other MMA legends in attendance for #Bellator 131 on Saturday, November 15.

“After we saw just an overwhelming response to our Bellator Fan Fest a few weeks ago, we wanted to once again give our fans a chance to be a part of something special and give everyone the opportunity to spend time with a group of fighters that built the sport we all love,” Bellator President Scott Coker said. “We have events taking place all week around the San Diego area as we prepare for the biggest night of fights in company history, and we want everyone to be a part of it.”

The press release announced Silva as “The Axe Murder.”

Payout Perspective:

This is an interesting move on behalf of Bellator.  If you recall, Scott Coker came out against performance enhancement drugs after four of the company’s fighters tested positive for illegal substances after Bellator 127.  Per a Bellator press release, Coker stated, “I want to make very clear that under new management, Bellator will simply not stand for performance enhancement drugs inside our cage.” Silva fled a drug test earlier this year and was subsequently banned by the Nevada Athletic Commission and levied a $70,000 fine.  And yes, we understand, Silva will not be inside a Bellator cage, but making an appearance on behalf of the organization.

But, if we disregard this fact, Silva will provide some name notoriety for the lead-up to this Saturday’s big Bellator event which will go up against UFC 180.  Silva will join Royce Gracie, Randy Couture and Frank Shamrock at D&B this Friday.

Filed Under: Bellator, UFC

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. john_frederickson says

    November 10, 2014 at 9:24 pm

    Suspensions and retirement do NOT negate contracts…Silva needs to learn his place..stop the fight talks with other promotions [sonnen in brazil/barani in china/ bellator] …b4 the Zuffa shuts him down…

    Reply
  2. john_frederickson says

    November 11, 2014 at 9:29 am

    Couture tried this before… He retired from the UFC to try to fight Fedor…

    Reply
  3. Pink Pig says

    November 11, 2014 at 1:54 pm

    Good for Wanderlei!

    Reply
  4. john_frederickson says

    November 11, 2014 at 2:48 pm

    Wanderlei was removed from Bellator due to contractual obligations to the UFC! I called it!!

    Reply
  5. Jason Cruz says

    November 11, 2014 at 7:50 pm

    @John_Frederickson – Good call. It made no sense for Bellator to go through with reaching out to Silva if this was a possibility of happening.

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Primary Sidebar

Featured

UFC 330 Payout Perspective

Update on CSI Entertainment – Mayweather lawsuit, Injunction request withdrawn

The Legal Submission 109 takes a look at TKO Earnings

Plaintiffs in Johnson antitrust lawsuit file statement prior to status conference

Despite two big losses, TKO touts another solid quarter

Muhammad Ali American Boxing Revival Act of 2026 introduced into Senate with minor changes

Archives

MMA Payout Follow

MMAPayout

I was there and as a Husky fan it still is the best play at Husky Stadium EVER

Juan Serrano @Serrano_Sports

Ortege Jenkins days until Arizona Football

Turning Point USA logo on the mats at the #UFC #BJJ event tonight...first time I've seen this

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Get fucked man you wrote thoughtless bullshit for over a decade

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

BREAKING: The Seattle Mariners plan to call up left-hander Kade Anderson, the top pitching prospect in baseball, to start Saturday, sources tell ESPN. Anderson, the third pick in the 2025 draft, has a 1.06 ERA over 93.1 innings with 135 strikeouts, 13 walks and 47 hits allowed.

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Right wing grift is so hilariously easy. Just write a very weird and creepy fantasy story you know your paper won’t publish, then make a public show of resigning because of it, and you’ll instantly have a job offer from Clay Travis in your inbox

Load More

Copyright © 2026 · MMA Payout: The Business of Combat Sports