• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar

MMA Payout

The Business of Combat Sports

  • Home
  • MMA
    • UFC
    • Bellator
    • One
    • PFL
  • Boxing
  • Legal
  • Ratings
  • Payouts
  • Attendance
  • Gate

UFC investigates B.J. Penn

February 18, 2016 by Jason Cruz 2 Comments

The UFC has launched an investigation into allegations against B.J. Penn and has held off on booking the fighter for a fight in the UFC.

Earlier this week, a former BJPenn.com writer went on twitter to state that Penn assaulted his girlfriend (“forced himself on my girl” according to one tweet).  Another individual with apparent knowledge of the situation went on twitter (yes, this is the age we live in now) and corroborated the story although would not go into details about the situation.  The allegations also notes the Penn uses drugs (cocaine).  The UFC issued a statement on Thursday acknowledging the recent allegations.

Via UFC.com:

UFC is aware of the recent allegations made against BJ Penn. The organization requires all athletes who compete in the UFC to act in an ethical and responsible manner, as detailed in the UFC Fighter Conduct Policy. UFC will not tolerate violations of the policy. Every athlete is deserving of proper review and this situation, as with any serious allegation, will be investigated by an independent party and thoroughly reviewed by the UFC.  The UFC organization will also cooperate with any law enforcement investigation. In light of the serious allegations, UFC has postponed plans to book Penn for an upcoming bout until more details are determined.

UFC holds athletes who compete in the organization to the highest standard and will continue to take appropriate action, if and when warranted.  It is important to note that Penn is considered innocent until proven guilty and UFC is not prejudging this matter.

Payout Perspective:

As you recall Travis Browne was investigated by the UFC regarding allegations of domestic violence this past summer.  The news of Penn’s issue here is rather odd since this information appears to have been kept under wraps until the former writer left the web site.  This is sad news for Penn (as well as the person he may have assaulted if the allegations are true) as a return to the Octagon would have been terrible.  But if the news that is surfacing is true, it’s clear that he may have issues outside of MMA that he must address.

Filed Under: Featured, UFC

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. fight fan says

    February 18, 2016 at 5:59 pm

    Career is done

    Reply
  2. Diego says

    February 19, 2016 at 2:52 am

    He’s been done for a while now.

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Primary Sidebar

Featured

UFC 330 Payout Perspective

Update on CSI Entertainment – Mayweather lawsuit, Injunction request withdrawn

The Legal Submission 109 takes a look at TKO Earnings

Plaintiffs in Johnson antitrust lawsuit file statement prior to status conference

Despite two big losses, TKO touts another solid quarter

Muhammad Ali American Boxing Revival Act of 2026 introduced into Senate with minor changes

Archives

MMA Payout Follow

MMAPayout
Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Hayden Panettiere has died at 36 💔🕊️

#UFC 330 bonuses https://mmapayout.com/2026/08/16/ufc-330-bonuses/

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Bob Nightengale reporting Dan Wilson is expected to be out if/when the Mariners miss the playoffs

Did Rogan say Garry was spamming kicks?

I honestly thought Garry using mind games on him with all the hugging and little bro stuff but that’s just mw

Load More

Copyright © 2026 · MMA Payout: The Business of Combat Sports