• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar

MMA Payout

The Business of Combat Sports

  • Home
  • MMA
    • UFC
    • Bellator
    • One
    • PFL
  • Boxing
  • Legal
  • Ratings
  • Payouts
  • Attendance
  • Gate

TUF Finale 20 attendance, gate and bonuses

December 13, 2014 by Jason Cruz 10 Comments

MMA Junkie reports the attendance, gate and bonuses for Friday’s TUF 20 Finale.  The event which took place at The Pearl at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas drew 1,800 for a gate of $143,000.

The UFC returned to The Palms after Dana White and the venue’s casino had a falling out in 2012.  Earlier this year, The Palms sought to make amends with White by awarding him his own championship belt.  It seemed to have worked as TUF 20 took place at The Palms.

You may recall that the TUF 19 Finale was held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center as was International Fight Week.  It drew 6,500 for a gate of $835,000.

The finale of TUF 18 drew 4,346 for a gate of $322,742 at the Mandalay Bay.

In addition, the bonuses for the night were handed out to Carla Esparza, Yancy Medeiros, Jessica Penne and Randa Markos.

Esparza and Medeiros were granted “Performance of the Night” and Penne and Markos earned “Fight of the Night.”  Each won $50,000.

Also, Rose Namajunas, Randa Markos and Joanne Calderwood earned the bonuses on the show.  Namajunas earned $50,000.  Namajunas and Calderwood won for best fight.  Namajunas also earned a best performance along with Markos.

Filed Under: bonuses, FS1, TUF, TV, UFC

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. JF says

    December 13, 2014 at 9:37 am

    1,800 ?? That’s freaking low.

    Reply
  2. Andrew says

    December 13, 2014 at 10:34 am

    @JF

    The Pearl is a concert venue and I think it barely seats 2000. So that’s actually pretty good.

    Reply
  3. JF says

    December 13, 2014 at 12:32 pm

    @ Andrew Ah I see, does it make sense for the UFC to go there if the last two finale drew 6,500 and 4,300? I don’t get it :-/

    Reply
  4. Logical says

    December 13, 2014 at 2:39 pm

    Looking forward to the MMAPayout perspective on the reportedly ‘imminent’ & ‘massive’ class-action Lawsuit against the UFC, that is being filed by countless fighters represented by renowned ‘anti-trust’ law firms.

    “We have been able to confirm that the suit will be based on accusations that the UFC has violated antitrust laws by abusing their “market power” to intentionally and systematically cripple the free market.”

    “The plaintiffs will be seeking damages for potentially hundreds of millions of dollars due to reduced fight purses, video game rights fees, and other sources of income. The final amount could even be greater, with statutes awarding ‘treble damages’ in antitrust cases.”

    “The fighters are represented by three or four large firms renowned for antitrust litigation. The firms named to us have won major class action antitrust cases against bigger targets than the UFC, including against those in the banking, credit, technology and pharmaceutical industries.”

    Link: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/12/13/7387889/fighters-to-sue-ufc-for-100s-of-millions-in-class-action

    Reply
  5. tops E says

    December 13, 2014 at 3:14 pm

    Hahahahahaha….sinking ship….

    Reply
  6. tops E says

    December 13, 2014 at 3:16 pm

    Fighters go on strike! Hahaha….now is the time….creditors knocking on zuffas door hahaha

    Reply
  7. Pink Pig says

    December 13, 2014 at 5:11 pm

    UFC won’t win this case… no chance at all.

    Judge always sides with the fighters no matter what.

    Reply
  8. Saldathief says

    December 13, 2014 at 5:39 pm

    Oh man. What can I say. Bahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahajaj Fuck dicks!!! Ufc about to eat a giant shit sandwich. Well i guess it was good while it lasted. Greedy fucks.!!

    Reply
  9. Jason Cruz says

    December 13, 2014 at 9:14 pm

    @Logical – We have a blurb up on it now but won’t go into more detail until something is filed. I do find it strange that the news has come out now before it is filed.

    Reply
  10. Saldathief says

    December 13, 2014 at 10:52 pm

    1800 bahaha what was it a high school play haha

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Primary Sidebar

Featured

Conor McGregor returns July 11th

Keane’s attorneys fire back at Top Rank based on undiscovered evidence

White writes letter to Trump requesting change to law

UFC Freedom 250 kits revealed

Dominance responds to Plaintiffs’ Fee Request

Senate makes mockery of Ali Act hearing

Archives

MMA Payout Follow

MMAPayout

#NBA should be ashamed of themselves, there is no way Alex Caruso can just lock down Wemby like that without fouling him every single time.

Oh boy JP #Mariners

Chet Holmgren getting exposed

Guys just holding Wembys arms no foul

Just flip flop and foul #fokc

Load More

Copyright © 2026 · MMA Payout: The Business of Combat Sports