• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar

MMA Payout

The Business of Combat Sports

  • Home
  • MMA
    • UFC
    • Bellator
    • One
    • PFL
  • Boxing
  • Legal
  • Ratings
  • Payouts
  • Attendance
  • Gate

Tech issues hamper WWE Network launch

February 26, 2014 by Jason Cruz 5 Comments

On Monday the WWE launched its much heralded Network which it advertised to be available on almost every platform imaginable. The good news is that number of those signing up exceeded expectations. The bad news is that it is experiencing technical difficulties across most platforms.

The WWE’s technological partner in the venture, MLB Advanced Media, indicated that it had not expected the demand it has received from people signing up. The WWE released a statement Monday regarding the issues upon signing up and the subsequent technical issues subscribers found once they were able to attain access.

MLBAM, WWE’s tech partner, was overwhelmed and its systems have been unable to process most orders since 9 am due to demand for WWE Network.

— WWE Network (@WWENetwork) February 24, 2014

The WWE also stated that MLBAM was aggressively working to resolve the matter on Monday morning. Although not directly, the WWE inferred that the fault lay with MLBAM for the tech issues. At least, that’s how it is being interpreted in the press. One would think that a part of this has to do with the one week free trial. Even as of Wednesday, there are still problems with logging in.

We are working to fix log-in issues on the @WWENetwork application that are effecting viewers with accounts created in the last 24 hours.

— WWE Network (@WWENetwork) February 26, 2014

In my own experience, I was able to sign up at 6:01 a.m. on Monday via PC, one minute after the promoted launch, but was only able to watch last year’s Wrestlemania in the first hour. I was not able to go through the library until mid-morning. Later that day, the stream was fine for me on the PC but I experienced issues on my iPad. Notably, I have experienced more buffering issues on the PC on Tuesday night and today.

Certainly, these issues are being worked on but the technical issues are a concern for the WWE going forward since its heavy investment in the product. The WWE and MLB Advanced Media must make the fixes soon. If the free trial ends with the problems persisting, its likely that the WWE will lose a lot of potential customers.

Payout Take:

Tech issues were a given as to challenges facing this network. The question is how fast can the WWE and ML BAM fix them. If we are to spin this in a positive light, the overwhelming demand for the Network reflects the fact that its promotion of its product created a swell of interest. But, the tech issues could make folks concerned and they may decide not to subscribe if they feel that these issues will be an inherent part of being a subscriber.

Filed Under: new media, pro wrestling, Pro Wrestling Post, WWE

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Andrew says

    February 26, 2014 at 2:28 pm

    I think the main problem is that they started registering subscribers on the day the network launched. They really should’ve started doing that in the weeks leading up to the launch.

    Reply
  2. BrainSmasher says

    February 26, 2014 at 8:56 pm

    Or this is a pub stunt to get attention to the network and over hype the demand. Issues happen. They don’t have to be due to demand. BUt they will always be spun that way.

    Reply
  3. Jimmy Cooper says

    February 27, 2014 at 5:29 am

    When I try to watch the WWE Network,All I get is a message saying:Media Error:Video not Available/When are they going to get this fixed?

    Reply
  4. Sampson Simpson says

    February 27, 2014 at 7:57 am

    MLBAM > Neulion

    Reply
  5. Geri Stoner says

    April 5, 2014 at 11:36 am

    One day left and I still can’t get from my android phone to TV I am very upset I though they would do something by now

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Primary Sidebar

Featured

UFC 330 Payout Perspective

Update on CSI Entertainment – Mayweather lawsuit, Injunction request withdrawn

The Legal Submission 109 takes a look at TKO Earnings

Plaintiffs in Johnson antitrust lawsuit file statement prior to status conference

Despite two big losses, TKO touts another solid quarter

Muhammad Ali American Boxing Revival Act of 2026 introduced into Senate with minor changes

Archives

MMA Payout Follow

MMAPayout

😂

Jed I. Goodman © @jedigoodman

Dana White on Eddie Hearn: 'I stopped listening to Eddie Hearn about three months ago. Is there anybody more full of shit than this guy?'

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Per GAEC,

Disclosed Purses for all fighters on the #ShieldsScott event

Again, only what was disclosed to the commission:

Claressa Shields: $500,000
Kaye Scott: $54,320

Joseph Hicks: $23,125
Troy Isley: $30,000

Bernice Ferreira: $20,000
Caroline Veyre: $20,300

Roamer Angulo:

UFC 330 Payout Perspective https://mmapayout.com/2026/08/16/ufc-330-payout-perspective/

Shane McMahon theme

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

What the Seahawks’ locker room sounded like after Devon Witherspoon became the highest-paid CB in NFL history.

Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the @Seahawks tonight at 9 pm ET on @hbomax.

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Yes, the Pulitzer-winning journalist is the source we should ignore, not the people who continue to want access to the LA sports team they cover. This was a dumb thing to think and an even dumber thing to tweet.

Load More

Copyright © 2026 · MMA Payout: The Business of Combat Sports