• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar

MMA Payout

The Business of Combat Sports

  • Home
  • MMA
    • UFC
    • Bellator
    • One
    • PFL
  • Boxing
  • Legal
  • Ratings
  • Payouts
  • Attendance
  • Gate

Versus Returns to DirecTV

March 15, 2010 by Kelsey Philpott 3 Comments

Bill Gorman of TVbytheNumbers informs us that DirecTV and Versus have come to an agreement that will put Versus back onto DirecTV and the same packages assignment the network previously enjoyed in August, 2009.

DIRECTV and Comcast have reached an agreement to return VERSUS to the DIRECTV programming lineup today. The terms of the deal were not disclosed.

 

“We look forward to super-serving these fans with NHL regular-season and playoff coverage, our first live UFC event and much more.”

 

VERSUS will return to the same DIRECTV programming packages it was in at the end of August 2009.

 

“We are pleased that both sides were able to work out a satisfactory deal to bring this programming back to our customers,” said Derek Chang, executive vice president, Content Strategy and Development, DIRECTV.

 

“We’re excited that we were able to come to a fair agreement that puts VERSUS back in millions of homes with DIRECTV in time for our busy spring programming schedule,” said Jamie Davis, president of VERSUS. “We look forward to super-serving these fans with NHL regular-season and playoff coverage, our first live UFC event and much more.”

Payout Perspective:

The key thing to note from this announcement is that Versus will return to the same programming packages it was assigned as of August 2009, which is somewhat of a compromise. Versus wanted to move into a better, more widely viewed tier, while DirecTV wanted to relegate the network to a tier with fewer subscribers.

Obviously, this is great news for Zuffa as the UFC debuts on the Versus Network this Sunday with possibly it’s best free television fight card since UFC 75. Moreover, the additional 18 million households with Versus and DirecTV will now be available for the WEC to advertise its up-coming PPV offering in April.

I’d expect a marketing campaign to be initiated in the next few days to push the awareness that Versus is once again a DirecTV channel.

More to follow.

Filed Under: Featured, legal, TV, Zuffa

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. mma guru says

    March 15, 2010 at 2:16 pm

    Good news for WEC

    Reply
  2. Stan Kosek says

    March 15, 2010 at 3:27 pm

    Yup, that should hopefully help out future WEC ratings

    Reply
  3. jv says

    March 16, 2010 at 11:29 am

    Court upholds FCC program access rules
    Comcast, Cablevision sharply disagree with decision

    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3ic7094b13c12aa2ac5180aa346c08b385

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Primary Sidebar

Featured

Conor McGregor returns July 11th

Keane’s attorneys fire back at Top Rank based on undiscovered evidence

White writes letter to Trump requesting change to law

UFC Freedom 250 kits revealed

Dominance responds to Plaintiffs’ Fee Request

Senate makes mockery of Ali Act hearing

Archives

MMA Payout Follow

MMAPayout

Da fuq? Didn’t they already know this?

WrestlePurists @WrestlePurists

During today's WWE Town Hall, Nick Khan and Paul Levesque discussed the return of WWE live events this summer, explaining to the employees that they've discovered house shows are important for young talents to get reps in the ring and to experiment and try things in front of

Rousey-Carano payouts https://mmapayout.com/2026/05/19/rousey-carano-payouts/

Another blown save by Munoz #goms

Rousey-Carano produce huge viewership numbers https://mmapayout.com/2026/05/19/rousey-carano-produce-huge-viewership-numbers/

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Load More

Copyright © 2026 · MMA Payout: The Business of Combat Sports