UFC Fight Night 44 attendance, gate and bonuses

June 29, 2014

MMA Junkie reports the attendance, gate and bonuses for UFC Fight Night 44 which took place at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas.  The main event featured Cub Swanson defeating Jeremy Stephens.

UFC Fight Night 44 drew 9,227 for a gate of $728,358.  No comps were announced.

In addition, the bonuses of $50,000 each were awarded and are as follows:

Fight of the Night:  Cub Swanson-Jeremy Stephens

Performance of the Night: Ray Borg, Carlos Diego Ferreira

Payout Perspective:

Saturday night’s UFC event outdrew Saturday morning’s UFC event by just over 1,000 fans.  It was one of the biggest Fight Nights this year with only UFC Fight Night 37 (14,604) drawing more.

21 Responses to “UFC Fight Night 44 attendance, gate and bonuses”

1. James on June 30th, 2014 9:00 AM

Not bad. Crawford vs Gambia on HBO drew just under 11,000 paid in Omaha.

2. saldathief on June 30th, 2014 10:47 AM

another half empty arena, Cap is around 18500. Book smaller venues guys save money and sell out.

3. Diego on June 30th, 2014 11:50 AM

Sal,

Just because they didn’t reach full capacity doesn’t mean seats went unsold. Arenas are not always configured for full capacity. I’m pretty sure the UFC know which arenas to book in order to maximize their profits.

4. Anti troll on June 30th, 2014 12:15 PM

Sal is trying to be a super troll almost there

5. hickson on June 30th, 2014 2:34 PM

>doesn’t mean

> I’m pretty sure

So basically you have no idea, just like the Sal.
    An educated guess is still just a guess.
    He suggested that maybe the venue is too big based on the evidence he had (empty seats)
    “They know best” is worse than trolling, its too reminiscent of the people who keep saying that the elites who rule us know best whats good for us.

6. D on June 30th, 2014 4:04 PM

Hickson spelled with an H, you and Sal don’t know either. What is your point? Diego was right.

Sal is a professional troll. He is on the welfare to work program for Arum. Don’t defend that twat.

7. The Greatest on June 30th, 2014 4:06 PM

UFC cant sell shit anymore.

Every time I see them fail, I put two joyous fists in the air and yell “EAT THAT DICK D”

8. saldathief on June 30th, 2014 5:09 PM

Yes this is my opinion, I do know however that empty seats is not a good sign. I know about show business, reason and logic. If someone else thinks that not selling seats is good I would like to hear their logic on that. I do know that there is a number, and it varies, of seats that need to be sold at any event to break even. I also know that arenas have some large rents, fees, unions, and production costs that are smaller in smaller buildings, if that doesn’t make sense then I suppose you have no clue as to how it works. Its like saying empty seats on a commercial airplane is a good thing for the Airline, utter stupidity. So someone please spin this for me as to how not selling aprox 9200 seats or less then 50% of capacity is a good thing.

9. D on June 30th, 2014 5:17 PM

The Gayest!!!

10. saldathief on June 30th, 2014 5:22 PM

Yes Hickson any reason or logic is completely ignored by paid UFC posters on this site. Looks like a shit second quarter for UFC for 2014 ouch

11. D on June 30th, 2014 5:24 PM

Says the Bob Arum cocksucking minion.

12. saldathief on June 30th, 2014 5:59 PM

Once again D cant deal with facts and cant find any google stories to back his spin. What a loser bahahahahah I wonder what the UFC has in store for the 3rd quarter bahahahah

13. D on June 30th, 2014 6:13 PM

HAHAHA!! FACTS??

Sal: “Yes this is my opinion”

In Sal’s world, his opinions/delusions are facts.

I prefer sticking to reality. He prefers doing what Uncle Bobby tells him to do.

14. D on June 30th, 2014 6:44 PM

James/Sampson/Topps

Gamboa-Crawford didn’t even have 11k in attendance, let alone 11k that paid. Not sure what the gate was, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was lower than this one and the boxing bout was higher profile.

15. James on June 30th, 2014 7:33 PM

10,943 according to Dan Rafael ESPN.

16. James on June 30th, 2014 7:33 PM
  17. saldathief on June 30th, 2014 7:37 PM

Horrible numbers for a boxing gate. Should have been held in a ball room or smaller arena. I wonder how many watched it on HBO I bet over half a million no doubt, Im sure they lost money on a few different levels. What part of this is fact or opinion? What part of over half a venue being empty is opinion? See you are the complete moron with no reason or accountability unless you can find it on google, you cant tell the difference between fact and opinion, reality or fantasy. You should google mental illness symptoms. Sad

18. D on June 30th, 2014 8:27 PM

James/Sampson, etc., 10.943 in attendance. It mentions nothing about paid attendance. Exactly what I pointed out.

19. D on June 30th, 2014 8:37 PM

Haha. Sal, you got called out on your bullshit idiotic statements. You gave an opinion and then contradicted yourself. You don’t have the complete information. If we looked at all the figures, then we would know for sure. Your logic is complete bullshit. Just because the venue was half filled, doesn’t mean they lost money. There are a variety of factors that come into play. I’ll be honest with you, I don’t know for sure if this made money or not. I would guess it did based on the gate, the payroll, the fact that they make money from this on FOX as part of their contract, the sponsorship, merchandise, they didn’t have Rogan or . But I wouldn’t call my opinion facts. That would literally be false. If it didn’t make money then the majority of combat sporting events lose money seeing how most boxing/kickboxing matches that are this low profile, do not draw the level of gate revenue that this did. Which I find very hard to be the case.

All you have is google and you usually use terrible sourcing. Again, you don’t even know what organized labor is. This is entry level business basics.

Mental illness symptoms? You mean being an unemployed, 50 year old boxing/karate fanboy who compulsively trolls mma websites because he has nothing better to do with his day? Pretty sure you’ll find your place somewhere in the DSMV.

20. tops E on June 30th, 2014 8:54 PM

Hey theyre using stonecold to comment on jon jones to sell the fight hahahaha…no star power desperation….pathetic

21. tops E on June 30th, 2014 9:00 PM

While ufc fox just released sonnen as analyst….im sure its fox decision…..up to now dw hasnt addressed the latest drug test failure of sonnen….he sad silva would be like general zod by the comish…non stop trashing of silva but no statements yet to sonnen

You must be logged in to post a comment.