• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar

MMA Payout

The Business of Combat Sports

  • Home
  • MMA
    • UFC
    • Bellator
    • One
    • PFL
  • Boxing
  • Legal
  • Ratings
  • Payouts
  • Attendance
  • Gate

Lesnar served in Hunt lawsuit

March 23, 2017 by Jason Cruz 3 Comments

Brock Lesnar has been personally served in the Mark Hunt lawsuit according to court papers filed today.  The UFC heavyweight filed the lawsuit in January in Nevada.

Earlier this week, Hunt’s attorneys filed its opposition brief in the UFC and Dana White’s Motion to Dismiss.  Lesnar had not yet been served according to a footnote in the brief.  The attorneys for Hunt had been working to serve Lesnar but had been unsuccessful.

Brock Lesnar not yet served in #MarkHuntvsUFC lawsuit. You have to think they find him at #WrestleMania right? pic.twitter.com/6ncLhzrK7f

— Jason Cruz (@dilletaunt) March 23, 2017

Proof of Service by JASONCRUZ206 on Scribd


Since Lesnar is a Canadian citizen and he was unwilling to accept service voluntarily, Hunt had to serve him pursuant to the protocol of the Hague convention.  While this might sound daunting, it shouldn’t be.

Payout Perspective:

One would have to think that Lesnar join the Motion to Dismiss brought by the UFC and White.  Although this Lesnar’s claims differ from the UFC and White, expect the current WWE star’s attorney to proclaim the lawsuit as without merit.  MMA Payout will have more on this in the coming weeks.

Filed Under: Hunt v. Zuffa, legal, UFC

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. TOPS E says

    March 23, 2017 at 9:57 pm

    http://www.mmamania.com/2017/3/24/15045510/midnight-mania-arum-claims-ufc-wants-half-mcgregors-purse-vs-mayweather

    Reply
  2. Ben says

    March 24, 2017 at 9:12 am

    Isnt it ilegal to post a celebritys address on the web

    Reply
  3. Jason Cruz says

    March 24, 2017 at 1:14 pm

    @Ben Not sure that’s his address. Moreover, this is all public record. If they wanted to seal or redact it was up to them to do so.

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Primary Sidebar

Featured

UFC 330 Payout Perspective

Update on CSI Entertainment – Mayweather lawsuit, Injunction request withdrawn

The Legal Submission 109 takes a look at TKO Earnings

Plaintiffs in Johnson antitrust lawsuit file statement prior to status conference

Despite two big losses, TKO touts another solid quarter

Muhammad Ali American Boxing Revival Act of 2026 introduced into Senate with minor changes

Archives

MMA Payout Follow

MMAPayout

I was there and as a Husky fan it still is the best play at Husky Stadium EVER

Juan Serrano @Serrano_Sports

Ortege Jenkins days until Arizona Football

Turning Point USA logo on the mats at the #UFC #BJJ event tonight...first time I've seen this

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Get fucked man you wrote thoughtless bullshit for over a decade

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

BREAKING: The Seattle Mariners plan to call up left-hander Kade Anderson, the top pitching prospect in baseball, to start Saturday, sources tell ESPN. Anderson, the third pick in the 2025 draft, has a 1.06 ERA over 93.1 innings with 135 strikeouts, 13 walks and 47 hits allowed.

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Right wing grift is so hilariously easy. Just write a very weird and creepy fantasy story you know your paper won’t publish, then make a public show of resigning because of it, and you’ll instantly have a job offer from Clay Travis in your inbox

Load More

Copyright © 2026 · MMA Payout: The Business of Combat Sports