• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar

MMA Payout

The Business of Combat Sports

  • Home
  • MMA
    • UFC
    • Bellator
    • One
    • PFL
  • Boxing
  • Legal
  • Ratings
  • Payouts
  • Attendance
  • Gate

Jones returns home after probation violation hearing

March 31, 2016 by Jason Cruz 8 Comments

Judge Michael E. Martinez added new terms to Jon Jones’ probation as a result of a recent moving violations.  Jones was free to return home with the added stipulations which include attending an anger management and driver improvement courses.

In addition to the two added stipulations, he will need to complete a 60 more hours within three months.

The prosecutors argued for another additional term to his probation: a curfew which would require he be home from 10pm until 4am.  Jones’ attorney argued against a curfew due to the fact that he is training for his fight next month against Daniel Cormier.  Jones prefers training at night and he is often out late at night as a result.

Jones’ attorney added that the recent moving violations were “bogus” and that Jones was being profiled.

The judge did not require a curfew for Jones but added a requirement that Jones ask his probation officer each time he wants to drive.

The UFC issued a statement related to Jones’ court appearance:

UFC respects the decision made today by Judge Michael E. Martinez in New Mexico Second Judicial District Court regarding the probation terms of the case involving Jon Jones.

The organization was disappointed to learn that Jones was cited for several traffic offenses last week, as well as concerned by the nature and tone of portions of the conversation between Jones and the citing officer.

Still, UFC respects Jones’ right to contest those traffic citations in court and receive a fair hearing on the matter.

Jones’ scheduled bout on April 23 will proceed as planned, however, Jones understands that the UFC expects him to fully cooperate with the terms of his probation as set forth by Judge Martinez.

(H/t: MMA Fighting)

Payout Perspective:

The fight with Daniel Cormier should be clear to go provided Jones remains out of a courtroom between now and April 23rd.  Fortunately for Jones, the judge did not impose a curfew on him which may have disrupted his training schedule.  Certainly, it was well within the judge’s right to impose such a restriction given Jones’ sordid moving violation history.  Obviously, the UFC should be keeping tabs on Jones for the next couple weeks as well.

Filed Under: legal, UFC

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Fight Fan says

    March 31, 2016 at 8:58 pm

    Just wait til he gets in trouble again, this guy is a low life clown who doesn’t have nothing else besides fighting to fall back on

    Reply
  2. d says

    April 1, 2016 at 6:39 am

    Hahaha. Boxing fanboys hate that this fight is still going down.

    Reply
  3. The Greatest says

    April 1, 2016 at 6:06 pm

    If boxing fanboys knew who any of these guys were than maybe

    Reply
  4. d says

    April 2, 2016 at 5:53 am

    Yeah, boxing fanboys don’t even know who anyone is in boxing these days with their lack of stars, talent, etc.

    Reply
  5. The Greatest says

    April 3, 2016 at 5:40 am

    Fights not going down.
    Hahahahhhahh.
    Good call D.

    Reply
  6. d says

    April 3, 2016 at 7:11 am

    Jones is still fighting that was the point.

    What’s funny is this ppv will still do more than any boxing ppv thus far this year. Hahaha. Not to mention, so would a Demetrious Johnson headlined fight. HAHAHAHA!!!!

    Reply
  7. The Greatest says

    April 4, 2016 at 3:02 am

    You said that Cormier would fight Jones at UFC 197 and you were wrong.

    Reply
  8. d says

    April 4, 2016 at 4:32 am

    Na, that isn’t what I said, you can’t read, and you are dead wrong every time you comment.

    McGregor, Rousey, Jones….top 3 draws in combat sports! Hahahaha.

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Primary Sidebar

Featured

UFC 330 Payout Perspective

Update on CSI Entertainment – Mayweather lawsuit, Injunction request withdrawn

The Legal Submission 109 takes a look at TKO Earnings

Plaintiffs in Johnson antitrust lawsuit file statement prior to status conference

Despite two big losses, TKO touts another solid quarter

Muhammad Ali American Boxing Revival Act of 2026 introduced into Senate with minor changes

Archives

MMA Payout Follow

MMAPayout

I was there and as a Husky fan it still is the best play at Husky Stadium EVER

Juan Serrano @Serrano_Sports

Ortege Jenkins days until Arizona Football

Turning Point USA logo on the mats at the #UFC #BJJ event tonight...first time I've seen this

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Get fucked man you wrote thoughtless bullshit for over a decade

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

BREAKING: The Seattle Mariners plan to call up left-hander Kade Anderson, the top pitching prospect in baseball, to start Saturday, sources tell ESPN. Anderson, the third pick in the 2025 draft, has a 1.06 ERA over 93.1 innings with 135 strikeouts, 13 walks and 47 hits allowed.

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Right wing grift is so hilariously easy. Just write a very weird and creepy fantasy story you know your paper won’t publish, then make a public show of resigning because of it, and you’ll instantly have a job offer from Clay Travis in your inbox

Load More

Copyright © 2026 · MMA Payout: The Business of Combat Sports