UFC on Fox Sports Ratings (12/23 – 12/29)
January 9, 2014
MMAPayout will be covering in detail the FOX – UFC TV deal, quarterly and weekly, in order to analyze the performance of both properties throughout the lifespan of the TV deal. In this week’s edition, we will be looking at the UFC on FOX sports network ratings for the week of 12/23 – 12/29.
UFC on Fox Sports 1 Tuesday Night Block (12/24):
- UFC Fighting for a Generation: 119,000 viewers (7:00-9:00 PM)
- UFC Ultimate Insider: 133,000 viewers (9:00-9:30 PM)
- UFC Fight Flashback: 168,000 viewers (9:30-10:00 PM)
- UFC Countdown: 193,000 viewers (10:00-11:00 PM)
- Fox Sports Live: 144,000 viewers (11:00-12:00 PM)
UFC on Fox Sports 1 Friday Night Block (12/27):
- UFC 168 Weigh-ins: 275,000 viewers (7:00-8:00 PM).
- Big East College Basketball: 42,000 viewers (8:00-10:00 PM).
- Fox Sports Live: 29,000 viewers (10:00 – 11:00 PM)
- Fox Sports Live: 36,000 viewers (11:00 PM – 12:00 AM)
UFC on Fox Sports 1 Saturday Night Block (12/28):
- Big East College Basketball: 96,000 viewers (5:00 – 7:00 PM).
- UFC Ultimate Insider: 225,000 viewers (7:00 – 7:30 PM).
- UFC Flashback: 412,000 viewers (7:30-8:00 PM). **
- UFC 168 Prelims: 1,554,000 viewers (8:00-10:00 PM). *
- Fox Sports Live: 198,000 viewers (10:00-11:00 PM).
- Fox Sports Live: 112,000 viewers (11:00 PM – 12:00 AM).
- Fox Sports Live: 136,000 viewers (12:00-1:00 AM).
- UFC 168 Post Fight: 313,000 viewers (1:00-2:00 AM).
- UFC 168 Post Fight: 220,000 viewers (2:00-3:00 AM).
* FS1 viewership high for the week.
** FS1 2nd highest viewership of the week.
Other Key Programming Notes :
- UFC Reloaded (12/26) on FS1 drew 324,000 viewers.
- UFC Fight Night (12/24) on FS2 drew 101,000 viewers. *
- UFC on FOX (12/24) on FS2 drew 84,000 viewers. **
- Best of PRIDE FC (12/29) on FS2 drew 32,000 viewers.
- Golden Boy Boxing (12/23) on FS1 drew 140,000 viewers.
* FS2 viewership high for the week.
** FS2 2nd highest viewership of the week.
Fox Sports 1 & 2 Weekly Totals:
- Fox Sports 1 Primetime Viewership: 279,000 (last week: 144,000)
- Fox Sports 2 Primetime Viewership: 19,000 (last week: 22,000)
This week finally saw an increase from the previous week, all thanks to UFC 168. This week, the primetime viewership averaged 279,000 viewers, an increase from the 144,000 average viewers the previous week. In the previous five weeks, primetime viewership on FS1 had declined from 514,000 to 144,000, a 72% drop, until this week. Fox Sports 2 primetime viewership this week dipped from 22,000 the previous week to 19,000, which is typical due to the small viewership numbers for the network. What’s noticeable about this week is that FS1 did not show any UFC programming on Wednesday, effectively killing the UFC Wednesday programming block. Tuesday night, Friday nights (UFC 168 weigh-ins) and Saturday night( UFC 168 prelims & post-fight) did remarkable numbers for the network.
UFC programming once again claimed the highest viewership on FOX Sports 1 and an astonishing 9 out of the top 10 most watched programs for the week. Half of those shows were live and the other half were taped shows.
Highest viewership for the entire week was 1.554M (168 prelims) and 414,000 (UFC Fight Flashback). The most watched non-UFC program on FS1 for the week was Fox Sports Live on Saturday (following 168 prelims), which drew 198,000 viewers.