• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar

MMA Payout

The Business of Combat Sports

  • Home
  • MMA
    • UFC
    • Bellator
    • One
    • PFL
  • Boxing
  • Legal
  • Ratings
  • Payouts
  • Attendance
  • Gate

White responds to low TUF 13 ratings

April 4, 2011 by Jason Cruz 5 Comments

Dana White posted a response to the critics that have called out the low ratings for The Ultimate Fighter 13’s debut. On the Underground, he posted a response stating that TUF was here to stay.

Via The Underground:

“SINCE WHEN IS 1.5 MILLIONS VIEWERS BAD? People have been saying it is dead since season 4. Sit back and watch bitches or don’t. TUF isnt going anywhere!!!! deal with it.”

The post was authored by dfw jr, White’s alias on the forum.

Payout Perspective:

The expected response from dfw jr? In comparison, Bjorn Rebney’s response to Bellator’s low ratings was measured and painted the future of Bellator in a positive light. On the other hand, White’s response is defensive. Definitely both White and Rebney have issues with its shows. However, it is too early to call each a failure. TUF is not off to a good start. It may have to rely on guest stars or breakout fighters from the house to attract viewers. But, as we’ve been told, TUF is not going anywhere.

Filed Under: Public Relations, ratings, TUF, TV

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Machiel Van says

    April 5, 2011 at 7:01 am

    He’s got a point. The ratings aren’t bad per se, they just aren’t what was expected given Lesnar’s presence on the show.

    Reply
  2. Jason Cruz says

    April 5, 2011 at 7:42 am

    MV: No doubt. So why does he need to come out and denounce critics already?

    Reply
  3. mmaguru says

    April 5, 2011 at 8:14 am

    Wow, Dana is actually in defensive mode. By now you would think he would have matured beyond bickering with the blogosphere. Relatively speaking the numbers were pretty disappointing, however, it’s early in the season and things could start to move in the other direction. Personally, as I have indicated on this site in the past I’ve stopped watching consistently since around season 4. It would only be a matter of time that the show levels off and drops a tad in ratings. Even American Idol and Survivor have dropped over the years.

    Reply
  4. Jose Mendoza says

    April 5, 2011 at 10:25 am

    Well, I know some are saying that the ratings are low because they didn’t have a live fight card leading the new season, but then think about it… do you need a live fight card to get people to watch Brock Lesnar on free TV? This is the #1 PPV seller in UFC. His average UFC PPV sales per event are only a few hundred thousand less than how many people tuned in for the season debut of TUF last week.

    Reply
  5. Machiel Van says

    April 6, 2011 at 6:52 am

    Sometimes I think Dana responds to things like this just so he won’t have to hear about the same issue in interviews and press conferences over, and over, and over…

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Primary Sidebar

Featured

Scott Coker returns to MMA

Conor McGregor returns July 11th

Keane’s attorneys fire back at Top Rank based on undiscovered evidence

White writes letter to Trump requesting change to law

UFC Freedom 250 kits revealed

Dominance responds to Plaintiffs’ Fee Request

Archives

MMA Payout Follow

MMAPayout
Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Retweet on Twitter MMA Payout Retweeted

Mixed Martial Arts Pioneer Scott Coker Plans 2027 Launch of New Global MMA League With $60M in Financing, Including From Tony Hawk

This was old school NBA playoffs

CHGO Bulls @CHGO_Bulls

32 years ago today...

Scottie Pippen destroyed Patrick Ewing

😱😱😱😱

Ken Griffey, Jr

HAWK @HawkEmDownChris

Age yourself by naming an MLB center fielder you grew up watching.

I’ll start: Mike Trout.

Load More

Copyright © 2026 · MMA Payout: The Business of Combat Sports